In support of ecological sustainability as well as good health, we are now offering a new line of vibrant vegan products to go! Inspiring our consumers and proving that vegan doesn’t mean boring or bland but delicious and exciting! Whether it’s a case of trying to eat less meat, cook more plant-based meals, consume more healthy produce, or subscribe to the vegan lifestyle - we want to encourage it! As a start, here is an easy to make vegan recipe for any day of the week.
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF and like a baking sheet with tin foil.
2. Place tomatoes, onions, garlic, olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper onto baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss, making sure everything is coated. Roast at 400ºF 20 minutes.
3. While vegetables are roasting, bring a pot of water to a boil. When water comes to a boil, add pasta to the water. Stir occasionally and remove when pasta is al dente. About 6-8 minutes. Strain pasta and set aside.
4. Remove baking sheet from oven, remove skin from tomatoes, and roast for an additional 10 minutes.
5. Next, transfer all ingredients on the baking sheet (including juices) into a blender along with soaked cashews and the remaining olive oil and salt. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust salt as needed.
6. Toss pasta with sauce and garnish with fresh basil.
Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 30 minutes Total: 45 minute